• Lack of access to health coverage harms immigrant communities and our health care system
• Undocumented Californians are the largest single group of uninsured individuals in the state – to get to universal coverage we must expand eligibility to everyone
• Health care is a human right, and our health system is stronger when everyone is included
• Federal attacks makes ensuring access to health coverage for all more urgent than ever Two bills: SB 29 (Durazo) & AB 4 (Bonta, Chiu, Santiago) would expand Medi-Cal coverage to all income-eligible adults, regardless of immigration status
How to help:
1) To write to Assembly member and State Senator, go to the Health Access homepage: https://health-access.org/ (Health Access is the Health Consumer Advocacy Coalition that presented at Health Care Forum 2019)
2) Click on Take action today to provide #Health4All Californians! (This is the page that Health Access uses for all of its actions. Use this page to write this letter, and future letters if you choose to use the Health Access action suggestions).
3) Fill in your contact information
Text of letter:
Dear [elected official],
Undocumented Californians are deeply rooted in our state and provide significant economic, familial, and cultural contributions to our communities.
Personalize your message here:
I urge you to vote YES AB 4/SB 29 to ensure #Health4All Californians because our health care system works better when everyone is included.
Sincerely, [Your information here]
4) Click on Next 5) Click on Submit (this will send your letter(s) and update your contact information through Health Access’s self service portal).